On behalf of John Liscovitz, President:
Attention!!! We need KlM-GNA member volunteers for the 2024 Lönssuche!
Calling on KlM-GNA members to volunteer their time and talent for the 2024 Lönssuche that will take place in the week of October 12-18, 2024! Yes 2024! What is the Lönssuche, you might ask? The Lönssuche is a once-a-year test event of the KlM Association that takes place in the month of October and showcases some of the Association’s top performing HZP dogs. In addition, the Lönssuche includes a Breed Show which is combined with the HZP test result to make up the final score.
In recognition of the 10th Anniversary of the KlM Landesgruppe North America, our parent club in Germany has asked us to host the Lönssuche 2024 in the U.S.A! Top performing KlM from Germany and the US will participate.
This is truly a unique opportunity for our club – KlM-GNA – to put on a spectacular event that will take place at the Des Plaines State Fish and Wildlife Area in Wilmington, Illinois, just south of Chicago. Members and their dogs, judges and others from Germany will be attending this event, which will be a wonderful opportunity to meet and mingle with our German colleagues. BUT, we need volunteers to help with the event.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Arranging Hotels, VRBOs or other accommodation
- Organizing meals, including a festive evening with award ceremony
- Transportation – from O’Hare International Airport to the hotel, test site, and locally – creative thinking is needed in this area
- Assisting with organizing and executing the test and breed show
- Creating an event program booklet – a catalogue of the participating dogs and handlers
- Helping with tourist activities for our German guests
- Event fundraising
- Setting up and staffing a merchandising table
- Etc., etc.
While we are hoping many members will attend in person, we understand that you may not be able to do so, but any time or talent that you can offer in supporting this unique opportunity is needed! Many thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.
John D Liscovitz